Burlington Community Management Specialist in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 2006 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
Are you a natural communicator? Do you have proven experience supporting large-scale community campaigns and events? Join the Burlington Stores Inc. team as a Community Management Specialist !
Burlington is committed to being an employer of choice. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. Our associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and our communities through various social responsibility initiatives. As a growing company, we offer a variety of professional development and career growth opportunities.
• With support from Marketing, manage and execute various touch-points of Burlington’s newly-formed Burlington Stores Foundation
• Act as main point of contact for administering the Foundation’s Grants Management Database and preparing materials for Foundation Team (Marketing and Internal Communications leaders) for review and vetting incoming applications. Related responsibilities include but not limited to:
Manage the incoming flow of associate nominated non-profits;
Prepare list of nominated non-profits for Foundation Team review;
Send grant application to qualifying nominated organizations;
Work closely with the Foundation Team to review completed applications;
Prepare qualified organization grant applications for evaluation by leadership and Board of Directors, as well as the Internal Review Committee, to determine which applications are to be approved and granted
Manage follow-up process to ensure impact reports are received by grantees.
• Manage Burlington’s Employee Assistance Foundation (EAF), and our Associate Assistance Fund (AAF), including verifying AAF grant applications and drafting weekly and monthly reports for Finance and other teams
• Administer Burlington-wide recognition programs in order to enhance associate engagement
• Identify opportunities to expand our organizational recognition culture to ensure we are bringing “Our Burlington” to life
• Manage Burlington’s Day of Giving initiative, which allows Burlington associates to volunteer their time within the communities in which we live and work
• Manage Burlington’s Store Community Captain program, which supports Burlington’s cause marketing initiatives and will help to educate store associates about the newly created Burlington Stores Foundation
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with/for non-profit organizations and/or corporate foundations, including a grants management database
• Ability to successfully manage national and local community partnerships and/or planning and executing community programs and events
• Proven track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with internal and external partners
• Superior communications skills, specifically verbal, writing and organizational skills with the ability to create and edit PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets and business correspondence, etc.
• Solid computer skills in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Today's Date 2/23/2021
Posting Number 2021-147077
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Human Resources