Burlington Director of Procurement - Supply Chain in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 1830 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Director of Procurement (Supply Chain)!
The Director of Procurement will lead cross functional teams within the Supply Chain category in developing sourcing strategies to support total spend management goals that result in strong customer satisfaction, align with company strategy, and optimize costs and supplier relations. You will influence senior leaders in setting direction for their functional areas by linking sourcing and business strategies in order to optimize business results. In addition, you will provide strategic/tactical leadership in the areas of sourcing and price reduction on all non-merchandise spend. You will be the subject matter expert who works independently to develop sourcing and negotiation strategies and direct the execution of those strategies.
• Drive category management strategies/incremental procurement savings by creating/implementing companywide category strategies to deliver continuous improvement and better value to business across spend areas worth $250M+.
• Oversee sourcing and event execution for respective spend areas by assessing stakeholder needs/objectives, defining service level agreements, identifying vendors, and conducting RFP processes.
• Act as the primary cross functional leader to interface with business leadership and drive team development by partnering with leadership on all sourcing matters including: understanding of strategic imperatives and operating plans, jointly setting procurement priorities and savings initiatives, and ensuring procurement is meeting operational needs and realizing maximum savings.
• Lead vendor partnerships and overall governance by managing vendor selection, proactively managing supplier account managers/contracts to result in enhanced vendor performance. In addition, developing/maintain a risk mitigation plan to ensure long term supply of critical materials and services by assessing overall marketplace and competitor actions.
• Drive innovation and identification/development of potential new suppliers and alternate sources for existing/new products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting (MBA strongly preferred)
• Certified Purchasing Manager
• Certified Professional in Supply Management
• 7-10 years of sourcing/procurement experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility within the broader Supply Chain areas
• Experience in Strategic Sourcing including strong negotiation and supplier management experience.
• Experience with simultaneously and continuously improving customer satisfaction and productivity in the sourcing and supplier management area.
• Demonstrated success leading project teams to achieve quantifiable savings by applying sourcing methods.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Reporting and Analysis Tools.
• Able to manage multiple projects, effectively using multi-disciplinary resources to meet demands.
• Must be able to work autonomously, exercise good judgment and take decisive action.
Burlington offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Today's Date 8/24/2020
Posting Number 2020-132504
Address 1830 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Supply Chain