Burlington Event Coordinator in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 2006 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
As the Event Coordinator , you will be a part of the planning, management, and implementation of a wide variety of meetings, events, initiatives and programs for our Corporate, Distribution, and Field teams. You will be a part of our corporate events team and will support our department in their day to day work. While you will be working remotely temporarily, the events you will be a part of planning are all virtual, hybrid, or outdoor events. When we return to working in the office again, this role will be sure to get you out from behind the desk for the majority of the day, typically involving team meetings, event set up and any other adhoc assignments throughout our corporate buildings. While most events are onsite, you will also support meetings offsite at venues as well a few times a year in areas throughout the country.
Burlington is committed to being an employer of choice. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. Our associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and our communities through various social responsibility initiatives. As a growing company, we offer a variety of professional development and career growth opportunities.
• Assist Event Manager with event logistics which include: audio/visual planning, floor planning, event rentals, décor and special effects planning, menu planning, recruiting and confirming volunteers, and booking vendors
• Responsible in helping to create and review content for all event related materials including; letters, invitations, certificates, PowerPoint presentations, name badges, seating charts. etc
• Perform event registration duties including stuffing swag bags, designing and printing name badges, responding to attendee’s questions, making registration changes, and providing updates to team members.
• Inventory supplies prior to and following each event, and manage keeping the event storage area organized
• Manage shipping of event materials to multiple venues while maintaining accurate counts and on-time delivery
• Perform some light administrative support (booking meetings, etc.)
• Manage corporate event room calendars and booking requests
• Act in a supporting role to the Event Manager and SVP HR onsite at events throughout the year.
• While onsite at events, manage the unpacking and set up of event materials, assist Event Manager execute run-of-show, manage tear-downs, shipments, and post-event follow ups
• Assist with post- event recaps and budget reconciliation
• Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 2 years of relevant experience or internship experience in corporate event planning
• Travel 10%
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• On Event days, able to work long hours managing multiple tasks
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word/Mail Merge, Excel and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat
Today's Date 11/6/2020
Posting Number 2020-141950
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Human Resources