Burlington Lease Administration Auditor in Burlington, New Jersey
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as an Lease Administration Auditor! Are you a data-driven professional with strong attention to detail? Would you be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where precision and accuracy are top priorities? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
Under the direction of the Lease Administration Audit Supervisor the Lease Administration Auditor is responsible for conducting thorough audits for all Landlord expenses for over 550 retail locations, primarily focusing on Common Area Maintenance, Real Estate Tax and Insurance expenses to insure that Burlington has maximized savings while promoting positive Landlord / Tenant relationships.
•Analyze Landlord reconciliations of operating expenses including CAM, Real Estate Taxes, Utilities and Insurance in a timely manner. Confirm billings are in accordance with the lease terms and conduct a thorough desktop audit including verifying the pro-rata share, credit for monthly escrows, and evaluate for reasonableness with prior period reconciliations.
• Review and reconcile monthly statements from Landlords. Research and resolve any discrepancies to reconcile the account. Evaluate escrow changes and adjust monthly payment amounts accordingly.
• Process audit findings and reimbursements as necessary.
•Responsible to enter payment data into the Lease Administration system in preparation for the generation of checks for all remittances including Rent, Percentage, and Additional Rent payments.
• Ensure all processed invoices and new leases comply with company policies and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
•Responsible to enter monthly accrual data.
•Negotiate audit findings with Landlords through resolution.
•Work with and assist Landlords and Tax Attorneys on appeals as necessary.
•Responds to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner, maintaining professional and courteous relationship with coworkers and landlords.
•Identify, execute and/or support PIC initiatives.
•Maintain correspondence with Burlington’s Landlords including all necessary follow up.
•Assist the Lease Administration team to validate Estopple Certificates and SNDA’s as necessary.
•Maintain paid files for all occupancy costs.
•Assist with lease abstracts as needed.
•Scan and index all lease related documents in electronic file as necessary.
•Special projects as needed.
Scope and Impact:
Administer the Occupancy Cost audits to meet the financial objectives including the ability to identify areas of expense reduction and dispute landlord charges when applicable to maximize savings to Burlington.
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years experience in Retail Lease Administration
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
• Ability to prioritize and multi task
• Highly organized and skilled with time management
• High energy and professional attitude
• Integrity, passion and a positive work ethic
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong customer service Landlord/Tenant relation skills
• Understanding of Building/Facility Operations
• Work closely with principals of Burlington and the Landlord offices
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
• Experience with Lease Administration preferred
• Experience with Lucernex preferred
• Experience with Oracle preferred
• Able to sit for long periods in a cubicle
• Lifting 10 LBS
• Periodic / occasional travel may be required
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-68189
Address 1830 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Real Estate/Store Development