Burlington Manager Chain Planning in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 2006 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Manager Chain Planning–Merchandising! Are you a results-driven retail professional with very strong financial planning and creative problem solving abilities? Do you enjoy analyzing data and uncovering the story the numbers and analytics are telling? Are you a leader that oversees the day to day operations of your team? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
As a Manager Chain Planning you will participate in the development of Department goals and metrics while achieving sales and profit objectives for several merchandise categories. This responsibility includes assisting with detailed financial plans, assortment/buy plans, merchandise allocation and other planning strategies. The Manager Chain Planning is responsible for the supervision, training and development of the planners within their respective area.
Manage the Business:
• Develops Department level goals to support Pre-Season Chain/Class/Season/Month Sales and Gross Margin plans
• Collaborates with Merchants on product strategies
• Reviews monthly plans to validate seasonal flow
• Collaborates with Location Planning to account for additional regional sales opportunities
• Identifies product opportunities/risks and partners with leadership to align on plan adjustments
• Drives creation of action plan summaries and participates in the presentation of Seasonal Plans to the SVP of Planning
• Recommends updates to plan and communicates approved changes to team for execution
• Validates plan changes and approves plan
• Drives In-Season Trending process: Uses Business Strategy influence to create In-Season Trend Plans, current and revised
• Manages business In-Season including oversight of inventory management and the successful execution of plans to ensure maximized sales opportunities
• Collaborates with Forecasting teams to share information that impacts the demand forecast
• Partners with New/Non-comp store and E-Commerce teams
• Reviews markdowns and recommends price change strategies
• Responsible for researching markdown audit requests
• Manages and approves product hierarchy changes
• Gives strategic guidance for areas of business with Pre-Season Planning and In-Season Trending to Forecast teams
• Successfully drives business results through positive leadership
• Demonstrates high professional and personal standards
• Fosters collaborative environment and supports associate learning and development
• Focuses on associate engagement and recognition
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and over 3 years of experience in Retail Merchandising, Allocation or Planning environment. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs including expertise in Microsoft Excel, as well as other planning, forecasting and reporting tools. Have strong leadership skills.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-82479
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Planning and Allocation