Burlington Manager Ecommerce Operations (Forecasting & Analysis) in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 2006 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the E-commerce team at Burlington Stores, Inc.! Are you a detail-oriented E-commerce professional with analytical experience? Would you thrive in an environment that encourages creativity and thinking outside the box? Are you a team-player who would work well in a fast-paced E-commerce department where you have to think on your feet and solve problems as they emerge? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
This role supports the day to day business operations for eCommerce through both quantitative and qualitative analysis. The Manager, eCommerce Operations Analysis will analyze and report on the key performance indicators associated with various business processes, including but not limited to profitability drivers (i.e. category-level, customer-level, etc), eCommerce shipping & fulfillment, inventory activation and merchandise flow, drop-ship operations, and customer service. This role will be expected to measure and contain/reduce costs, and also develop action plans and execute enhancements that will streamline processes, further leverage our expense structure, and increase profitability. In addition, the Manager, eCommerce Operations Analysis will be responsible for working closely with the Director of Operations and Corporate Finance teams on management and analysis of the eCommerce P&L, including but not limited to monthly forecast updates and all supporting analysis related to these updates.
The Manager, eCommerce Operations Analysis will interface with employees of all levels throughout the eCommerce organization on a day to day basis, as well as work directly with cross-functional teams and 3rd party partners.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Profitability and P&L Analysis
• Develop/maintain category and class-level profitability models and partner with eCommerce leadership and planning team to drive assortment changes when needed
• Partner with Director of Operations on the management and analysis of eCommerce P&L. This includes but is not limited to development of annual plans and forecast updates, as well as all month-end variance analysis
• Develop and maintain monthly P&L reporting package that includes supporting schedules and analysis for all key line items of the P&L
• Partner with VP eCommerce and Director of Operations on all initiatives meant to drive the continued optimization of the eCommerce P&L
• Develop models to analyze potential new drivers of profitability
• Maintain weekly eCommerce Scorecard shared with Executive team
Forecasting and Volume Projections
• Sales – manage monthly/weekly/daily sales forecast model through effective partnership with Web Analytics and Planning teams
• Fulfillment - develop inbound and outbound unit volume projections and communicate projections accordingly to fulfillment center
• Studio - partner with eCommerce planning team to forecast future volumes based on inventory receipt projections; Develop tools and reporting to assist with staffing/workforce planning for studio operations
• Call Center - develop contact volume projections and communicate projections accordingly to 3rd party Call Center
Merchandise Flow Analysis
• Develop and maintain reporting to support the analysis and effective monitoring of active and inactive items on the website
• Develop and maintain tools that allow for the effective tracking of “time to live” and identify exceptions that can be managed to improve cycle time performance
• Regularly reporting key productivity metrics to stakeholders
eCommerce Fulfillment / Shipping Economics
• Develop and maintain KPI reporting for order fulfillment, shipping and returns to ensure order fulfillment process meets/exceeds customer expectations and costs are managed effectively
• Assist eCommerce Operations leadership with the analysis of shipping profitability and development of plans to optimize shipping margin
• Daily/weekly/monthly reporting of metrics and performance
• Develop/maintain scorecards and reporting that will allow for effective monitoring of drop-ship vendor sales performance
• Manage profitability model to assist with the selection of drop-ship partners that will drive sales and bottom line profitability
• Support operations team on all analysis related to the drop-ship business
Other Operational Analysis
• Develop/maintain KPI dashboards/reporting for eCommerce customer service and partner with eCommerce leadership to help identify improvement opportunities
• Analysis to support potential new business initiatives (i.e. Ship to store, etc)
• Develop and maintain reporting to assist with monitoring order flow and settlement
• Other ad-hoc reporting to support business operations
Skill and People Development
• Constantly learns new skills to enhance job capabilities.
• Establishes challenging personal objectives to grow and become more influential in optimizing business opportunities.
• Proactively partners with other key areas within eCommerce to develop a solid understanding of the analytical, creative and technical aspects of the business.
• Manage and develop both direct and indirect reports to build the bench strength required to support a growing business
Education and Qualifications
College degree from a 4-year college or university or equivalent experience required , MBA a plus. 5+ years of relevant operational analysis , and/or analytical experience, with a minimum of 2 years within a multi-channel retail environment preferred ; 1-2 years of process improvement experience preferred. 3+ years of experience leveraging large and disparate data to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions needed. Direct exposure to Ecommerce fulfillment and shipping operations preferred . Strong analysis and reporting skills needed. Computer savvy with above average Excel skills; Familiarity with the use of macros in Excel a plus; Access/SQL a plus; Microstrategy & Power BI a plus.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-97288
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category E-Commerce