Burlington Manager Learning and Development in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 2006 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Learning & Development Manager ! Are you a leader with a background in organizational development? Would you be comfortable working in a fast-paced corporate environment where core values and development are top priorities? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Learning & Development Manager is a critical role in the success of Burlington’s growth strategy to attract, develop and retain the best talent. Will foster a culture of learning with a primary focus on understanding, developing, implementing and managing innovative holistic learning and development solutions across the organization.
The successful candidate has a diverse, blended learning background to include learning design, learning technology tools, project management and a flair for developing innovative, creative and engaging adult learning experiences. Success will positively impact associate performance/competence, career advancement/succession planning, departmental business goals and overall company strategy.
The position reports to the Vice President of Learning & Organizational Development within Human Resources. Includes management responsibility for the Learning & Development team.
• Establish critical partnerships with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to gain insight, identify needs and recommend/design the best learning solutions.
• Lead learning design projects through the design lifecycle from project scoping, research and analysis, design, development, implementation and success measurement.
• Conduct thorough needs analysis to ensure learning programs align with and support company strategy and business goals, and represent organizational culture.
• Determine the appropriate learning delivery method/s to achieve the desired business outcome (instructor-led, leader-led, e-learning, reference materials, webinar, etc.).
• Develop and/or source materials that are creative, engaging and relevant for the learner while supporting the goals of the associate and the company.
• Review existing training programs for ongoing relevance and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Provide exemplary internal customer service with professionalism and ownership of learning projects.
• Demonstrate commitment to teamwork through relationship building and effective collaboration.
• Recommend and use multimedia technology and current authoring tools to design engaging learning solutions.
At least 10+ years demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team that recommends, develops, designs and manages corporate-wide learning programs with engaging and relevant learning elements to include classroom, e-learning and other related strategies. Proven experience establishing and measuring training key performance indicators to ensure compliance, effectiveness and return on investment to the organization. Can demonstrate strong competence in influential leadership, assertively and effectively gaining consensus, managing through ambiguity and successfully partnering with all levels of the organization.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-92625
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Human Resources