Burlington Manager New Store Planning in Burlington, New Jersey
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Manager, New Store Planning –Merchandising! Do you have a strong strategic view of a business and ability to understand implications / cascade of decisions against business strategies? Do you enjoy being responsible for identifying opportunities to improve individual store sales plans based on review of product penetration, performance and high-level product/store objectives?
Are you a results-driven retail professional with very strong financial planning and creative problem solving abilities? Are you a leader that oversees the day to day operations of your team? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
As a Manager, New Store Planning, you will lead the New Store team to define and manage execution of New Store processes. Drive the New Store Merchandise Planning process including risk, analysis management, and pre and post-opening reports. Manage the hand-off of each new store to the appropriate Location Planning team. Also work closely with Merchandising, the VP of Store Planning & Analysis and Marketing to align on strategies, mitigate risks, and implement improvement opportunities.
New Store Opening & Trending
• Lead the New Store merchandise financial planning on sales and inventory for New Stores, Non-comp Stores, and Relocations
• Oversee New Store Planning process (e.g. flow flags, classification eligibilities etc.) and direct New Store Planners to analyze and provide research in support of New Store execution including localized assortment plans
• Lead the efforts to coordinate with the Forecast Team to develop Demand Forecast, ensuring timelines for deliverables are executed for pre-opening
• Own analysis of sales, stock-to-sales, and inventory (until store turns comp) after store opening and optimizes strategies as needed
• Partner with Visual Merchandising on New Store floor plans to align on opening builds and merchandising strategy, and escalate issues as needed
• Review flow of goods in the Supply Chain and partner with Supply Chain and Store Operations, and Field Management to remediate any issues
• Trending store based on post-open sales lift
• Monitor sales trend and work with Forecasting team to make adjustments as needed
• Manage in-depth post-opening analysis comparing sales performance to plan and develop recommendations to maximize opportunity
Data Management & Reporting
• Develop necessary reporting on sales and inventory management in stores to track performance with a bias towards highlighting issues/risk that generate
• Conduct ad-hoc reporting related to Total New Store as directed by Leadership
• Responsible for standardizing forms, summaries, and reports for the New Store Team
Collaboration & Communication
• Partner with functions/departments across the organization to execute the successful opening of a New Store (e.g., Finance/Real Estate, Visual Merchandising, etc.)
• Work with Store Operations and Field partners to capture relevant insights about performance of a specific New Store
• Own identification of inventory/merchandising issues affecting New Stores pre/post open and collaborates with Planning & Allocation and Store Organization across all levels to resolve and/or minimize risk
• Communicate and collaborates with leadership to resolve issues identified through standard (e.g. new store fill rate, etc.) and ad-hoc analysis provided by New Store Planners
• Own and drive the hindsight process based on previous new store openings, and develop effective solutions for future openings
Candidates must have a required Bachelor’s Degree , preferably in an analytical discipline. Graduate degree is a plus. 5-10 years of Merchandise Planning experience, 2-3 years of New Store Planning/execution experience in retail environment along with 2-3 years of leadership experience.
Our perfect candidate must have the ability to influence cross functional partners. Have strong experience using Merchandise Financial Planning tools (e.g. Oracle MFP, JDA Arthur, etc.) Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills using Excel (advanced skills required; Visual Basic macros is a plus) and must be proficient with retail business metrics and reporting software suites (MicroStrategy, Microsoft Access etc.)
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-84259
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Planning and Allocation