Burlington Manager of Merchant Development in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 2006 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
The Manager of Merchant Development is critical to the success of Burlington’s growth strategy to deliver the strongest possible merchandise value to our customers by significantly strengthening our merchant capabilities through enhanced training and coaching. The position is in Human Resources on the Organizational Development team.
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
• Manage a team of coach/trainers to enhance the skills and capabilities of the merchandising team. Direct report coach/trainers will spend time in market and competitive shopping with merchant team members to increase off-price retail skills.
• Be perceived and respected as an off-price retail merchandising expert, specifically in the areas of merchandise value, assortment building, negotiation skills, vendor relationships, pre-season/in-season strategy, liquidity and competitive shopping.
• Establish critical partnerships with merchandising stakeholders and subject matter experts to gain insight, identify needs and recommend/design/implement the best learning and development solutions.
• Conduct ongoing needs analysis to ensure coaching/training program aligns with and supports the company strategy and merchandising priorities.
• Partner with Learning & Development to review training approaches and programs for ongoing relevance and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Provide exemplary internal customer service with professionalism and shared ownership to develop the off-price retail skills and capabilities of the merchandising team.
• Availability to travel up into New York City for vendor appointments; throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania and/or New York area for competitive shopping; to Burlington corporate offices in Burlington, NJ, and New York, NY. Occasional travel to the Burlington corporate office in Los Angeles, CA.
• At least 10+ years of experience in a senior-level buying role at an off-price retail organization.
• Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing, often remote, work team.
• Ability to monitor and measure program key performance indicators to ensure compliance, effectiveness and return on investment to the organization.
• Can demonstrate strong competence in influential leadership, assertively and effectively gaining consensus, managing through ambiguity and successfully partnering with all levels of the organization.
• Requires high level of tact and interpersonal skills for frequent exposure to senior level management and commitment to teamwork through relationship building and effective collaboration.
• Must be able to respond to multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and work well under pressure. Proven ability to manage multiple and diverse initiatives that may be strategic and/or tactical in a fast-paced, often changing, environment.
Today's Date 5/3/2021
Posting Number 2021-147334
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Human Resources