Burlington Sr. Financial Analyst, Store Operations Expense in Burlington, New Jersey
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Sr. Financial Analyst, Store Operations Expense! Are you a data-driven professional with strong attention to detail? Would you be comfortable working in a fast-paced corporate environment where precision and accuracy are top priorities? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
Primarily responsible for supporting the stores organization and all Corporate expense owners within the EVP of Stores’ pyramid in facilitating the annual financial budgeting and expense management process. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to recognizing expense variances as they occur, identifying outliers with recommended actions to address, preparing monthly expense plans for use in store schedule generation, and building monthly forecasts.
Strategic Store Finances
· Facilitate annual budgeting process to meet deliverables and prepare for review meetings
· Recommend weekly store payroll plans, understanding event cadence and maximizing sales opportunity, prepare for review by Field SVPs
· Trend analysis-proactively identify sales trends with actions to support business needs, recommend payroll and supply reallocations
· Evaluate the success of remodels and merchandising initiatives, recommending a plan for post-completion support.
· Create and recommend grand re-opening budgets and staffing plans.
· Stay up to date on trends in statutory minimum wages; recommend action to absorb within existing expense plan
· Recommend strategic non-exempt and management staffing adjustments by store, and corresponding action to drive sales
Expense Management and Forecasting
· Facilitate monthly forecasting process; prepare for, attend monthly forecast meetings with Senior Management and Finance.
· Investigate and react to expense variances to budget in real time, identifying outliers by store with recommendations to improve compliance.
· Identify opportunity accounts and expenses requiring re-class during the month and make preparation of reconciliations, accruals, and other schedules at month end more efficient.
· Oversee management of non-payroll expense accounts (e.g. store supply and travel) and ensure compliance to monthly budget
· Support Profit Improvement Contribution (PIC) process through idea generation and driving projects to completion
· Lead communication of budget updates, SOPs, and processes to stores, Field
· Take lead on Store Expense Team contribution to Field weekly priorities document
· Become expert in the following key systems, and obtain ability to train new team members: Host Analytics (planning/expense forecasting), Cognos (expense management), Lucernex (Real Estate, remodel project life cycle), B-Time/Budgeting Module (store payroll budgeting)
Candidates must have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree , preferably 5+ years of analytical and budgeting experience required . Retail Experience is a plus! Advanced in Microsoft Excel , specifically experienced in data manipulation and other Microsoft Office programs is required.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-82828
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Store Operations