Burlington Stores Strategic Planning Analyst in Burlington, New Jersey
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Stores Strategic Planning Analyst!
The Stores Strategic Planning Analys t is a member of Burlington’s growing Store Workforce Planning and Communications team within Store Operations. This role will network with multiple cross-functional teams such as merchandising, asset protection, HR, IT and other Store Operations partners to assess and organize upcoming store initiatives. While maintaining great partnerships, this important role will support the Stores’ focus on driving sales and service by ensuring initiatives are scheduled to available capacity.
Reporting to the Workforce Planning Manager, the ideal candidate will serve as a “Stores Advocate” and influence, lead, and develop effective workforce planning solutions.
• Develop, evolve and maintain store workforce planning assessment, approval and scheduling solutions through effective centralized workforce planning:
• Prepare ongoing reporting to maintain full visibility of central workforce planning activities to drive increased efficiencies and compliance; includes providing up-to-date, accurate and organized status at all times (project schedules/statuses, calendars, assessment criteria, etc.) by staying current in a fast paced retail environment
• Independently obtain a clear understanding of business need and priorities and apply those priorities to workforce planning
• Conceptualize project/business objective and lead collaborative or independent efforts to offer solutions; this includes ongoing recommendations, process improvement and refinements to workforce planning/communication standards
• Influences developing and educating others in workforce planning strategies, tools, and processes; provide creative and/or implementation support as required. Lead/deliver store / field training as required.
• Oversee / drive corporate compliance for store workforce planning; create and distribute reporting to maintain full visibility of central workforce planning activities to drive increased efficiencies and compliance
• Independently and proactively assesses central workforce planning opportunities; explore /test optimal solutions and develop an implementation plan. Solutions development could include on-site field observation / collaborative visits such as store and/or central partner/dept. workforce planning meetings, assessing day to day challenges, etc. followed by identification of specific solutions and implementing consistent best practices. In summary, independently identify the opportunity, assess and develop a solution. Must also be able to own presented business challenges and research / implement optimized solutions.
• Prepares presentations / analysis to show pros/cons (ROI) of recommended best practices
• Serve as a support Gatekeeper for all store project/communication releases, ensuring all projects released meet established standards and approved schedules
• Create store tasks/communications as required to support internal and/or cross functional business objectives as needed
• May lead teams or projects simultaneously, leveraging workforce planning expertise
• Proactively seek out/ monitors effectiveness of workforce planning programs to achieve a constant state of testing, identifying insights and learnings, and then improving programs
• Proactively “co-chair” current initiatives with supervisor, maintaining meeting agendas, meeting notes and applicable follow-up actions/materials
• 2- 4 years of relevant Store Operations / retail experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and/or 5 years’ experience developing and executing workforce planning and/or process solutions
• Ability to design, engage and enforce workforce planning and communication standards
• Proven track record converting business challenges to effective solutions through the development of streamlined operational retail processes and systems implementations
• Able to responds to multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize / work well under tight deadlines (flexible with fast-changing priorities)
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-92141
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Store Operations