Burlington Strategic Sourcing Analyst in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 1830 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Strategic Sourcing Analy st! Are you an operational and analytical professional with strong attention to detail? Would you be comfortable working in a data driven role? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Strategic Sourcing Group within the Procurement Department is a cross-functional capability that collaborates with various internal departments and stakeholders to provide procurement and sourcing support to all indirect departments of Burlington Stores. The Procurement Team collectively manages indirect spend and approximately 300 projects annually.
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will apply analytical and critical thinking skills to solve complex business challenges and deliver the most effective analyses and recommendations to support corporate sourcing activities such as RFP analysis, supplier performance analysis, and market research.
The position will partner with Category Managers to support RFP development, vendor negotiations and selection, and execution of contracts across all indirect procurement categories – ultimately assisting in the cost efficient sourcing of goods and services across the enterprise.
• Use insights from stakeholder and vendor discussions, market research, and strong understanding of business initiatives – along with structured information analyses – to inform procurement strategy and decision-making
• Assist with the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and other sourcing events
• Evaluate products and services for overall value (including price, quality, key performance indicators, service levels, etc.)
• Obtain quotes, conduct cost analyses, and negotiate prices and service levels as assigned
• Maintain contact with suppliers through meetings and site visits as needed
• Work with internal clients to integrate the procurement process and policies into regular business practice
• Help drive best-in-class analytical practices with a high commitment to excellence
• Continuously analyze spend data to support Category Managers in identifying opportunities to generate savings in the indirect spend categories
• Assist in the resolution of payable issues, outstanding items, damaged goods, and incorrect shipments
• Assist the Procurement Team with other duties and special projects
Candidates must have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Business, MIS or Finance , as well as 2+ years of experience working with large data sets and reporting is preferred. We are looking for someone that wants to grow their career in procurement, and is excited about working with data and analytics. Advanced in Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-95925
Address 1830 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Supply Chain