Burlington Strategy and Consumer Insights Analyst in Burlington, New Jersey
LOCATION 1830 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
Are you innovative and do you excel in identifying opportunities to move business forward? Have you used data-driven insights to help research and make critical business decisions ? If yes, come join one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation- join the Burlington Stores team as a Strategy and Consumer Insights analyst !
This role will work closely with strategy directors to define business problems, run various analyses and develop well supported solutions with specific recommendations that will enable the executive management team to make critical business decisions.
- Deliver data-driven insights
• Compile data by pulling from databases and by gathering from internal teams using soft influence
• Mine corporate data to support the strategic plans and processes related to customers, stores, merchandising and operational performance
• Leverage advanced statistical techniques where appropriate, such as regression or clustering
• Use estimation to quickly establish ‘size of the prize’ for opportunities raised by executives
• Draw conclusions and provide recommendations for action to business stakeholders
- Conduct primary research
• Design and execute quantitative research through online surveys
• Conduct qualitative research through store visits and customer chats
• Organize customer chats; design question lists and customer lists and summarize findings
• Understand the market place and competitor dynamics and summarize in reports
- Manage projects
• Gather input from stakeholders to develop project plans including timelines and milestones
• Communicate status updates on a regular cadence or as timelines change
- Communicate work
• Develop crisp and visually appealing slides and visualizations to deliver insights
• Explain analysis clearly and simply to Strategy team leaders and business stakeholders
• Technical skills: Excel modeling and coding (SQL, R, SAS, or similar)
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as engineering, applied mathematics, economics, finance, or similar. Also have 3+ years of experience in a highly analytical role such as analyst, marketing research, retail planning, or similar.
• …are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
• …take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
• …are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
• …believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
• …want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Today's Date 12/29/2020
Posting Number 2020-143129
Address 1830 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Human Resources