Burlington Inbound Scheduling Coordinator in Edgewater Park, New Jersey
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Scheduling Coordinator ! Are you a data-driven professional with strong attention to detail? Would you be comfortable working in a fast-paced supply chain environment where precision and accuracy are top priorities? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
As a Inbound Transportation Scheduling Coordinator , you will perform a variety of very time sensitive tasks that require some research, analysis and coordination regarding the scheduling and delivery of all freight to multiple distribution facilities encompassing both East and West Coast Distribution Operations. The associate will coordinate daily with external vendors, carriers and Burlington Buyers, and Routing to ensure all distribution centers have consistent volume flow and proper merchandise type for receipts. Work with a Scheduling Specialist on difficult/confusing requests. The associate must provide excellent customer service both internally and externally, while maintaining an acceptable Service Level without errors.
• Verify/validate all POs for delivery and remedy any conditions that are unacceptable by contacting appropriate support team with a request for changes needed. Eg. East/West DC, Delivery Dates, PO Status. Identify all necessary appointment comments/instructions for ASN/Pre-Receive to prepare for receiving and for the DC to process/receive properly.
• Through PO/merchandise attributes and load volume determine the facility and date for appointment based on building limitations, specific merchandise processing and LIVE vs DROP appointment requests.
• Schedule by system input into WMS all inbound deliveries (including imports, non-merchandise and supplies) – create appointment, add POs and carton counts, add comments. Follow up with emails to appropriate team(s) any “special” circumstances needing identification/action and confirm appointment details to requestor.
• Follow guidelines established by Scheduling Specialist or Supervisor to provide balanced workloads in DC Operations. Reschedule appointments based on fluctuations of production goals as identified by Scheduling Specialist. Notify and confirm with carriers any changes needed.
• Responsible for printing/sorting new appointment requests throughout the day. Answer telephone calls or emails from internal and external partners addressing in a timely manner all daily problems/questions. Taking any critical issues to a Scheduling Specialist for assistance.
• Assist Scheduling Specialist with executing any Routing and Supply Chain Initiatives to expedite “White Glove Vendors”, Upper Management approved Expedite POs and any Special Handling requests.
• Conduct any follow-up/refresher training for New Associates after initial SOP training is completed by Scheduling Specialist.
• Generate scheduling report which is published multiple times daily to all internal Burlington partners.
Candidates must have at minimum a GED, or 1-3 years of direct experience, and Intermediate Mathematical skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs is required.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-92933
Location US-NJ-Edgewater Park
Address 4287 Route 130 S
Zip Code 08010
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Supply Chain